All Americans should be worried about the Trump regime
and the draconian policies the Republicans are implementing.
- If you’re worried about climate change and the impact it will have on your children’s and grandchildren’s future,
- if you’re worried about losing your health insurance or not being able to afford it,
- if you have student loans and are worried about getting a job,
The Right To Vote
- if you’re worried about Americans being denied the right to vote,
- if you’re worried about increasing unfairness through massive tax reduction,
- if you’re worried about losing your Medicare, Social Security or Medicaid benefits,
- if you’re worried that innocent immigrants will be rounded up and deported, splitting up families,
- if you’re worried about the prospect of nuclear war with North Korea, Iran, and other adversaries.
- if you’re worried that Trump will attempt to trigger a costly government shutdown to bully Congress into supporting his catastrophic priorities,
…then you should care about resisting Trump’s Presidency and the GOP agenda.
As David Remnick said in his excellent piece in the May 21st issue of the New Yorker:
‘His (Trump’s) Presidency has become the demoralizing daily obsession of anyone concerned with global security, the vitality of the natural world, the national health, constitutionalism, civil rights, criminal justice, a free press, science, public education, and the distinction between fact and its opposite.’ May 1st, 2017 issue of The New Yorker.
Mr. Remnick closes with this call to action: ‘The task now is not merely to recognize this Presidency for the emergency it is, and to resist its assault on the principles of reality and the values of liberal democracy, but to devise a future, to debate, to hear one another, to organize, to preserve and revive precious things.’
For All These Reasons
We have formed the Fair Deal Committee to resist Trump’s and the Republican’s agenda